First Friday plans for an extra fun time
First Friday is always fun, but in April, it will be even “funner.”
That’s because April is Fun Friday! Several community organizations will join downtown businesses on Friday, April 7, bringing with them several fun activities.
And, if you stop by Community First Bank, you can get set up for a whole summer of fun as they’ll be getting kids signed up for the Community First Kid’s Club. Kids 14 and younger can sign up for $10 for the whole Kokomo Jackrabbits season and receive a free T-shirt, dug out seats to Sunday home games, 15 percent off at the merchandise store and more. And, to make it even more fun, Jax, the team’s mascot, will be on site to greet First Friday guests.
Other fun activities happening during April First Friday include:
• Kids of all ages are welcomed to build and play with “Imagination Playground Big Blue Blocks” located inside the Carpenter’s Union 615, 103 N. Buckeye St. The large brightly colored foam blocks are on loan from the Kokomo-Howard County Public Library.
• In honor of Autism Awareness Month, Indiana Behavior Analysis Academy will be providing visitors with information about autism and related services. Stop by the academy at 125 W. Taylor St. for free hot dogs, cotton candy, cookies, popcorn, and more. There will also be free games.
• Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer will have free games and prizes for kids, as well as popcorn and invitations for families to join the church’s annual Easter egg hunt and Holy Week services.
• United Steelworkers Local Union 2958, 420 N. Main St., will have an indoor craft & vendor fair from 4 to 9 p.m. There’s no admission cost and there will be live music by Paul Stout from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Artworks Gallery will have pieces by Eastern High School art students on display to view while listening to Meta Hume at the piano.
• IU Kokomo Union Street Gallery has made some changes to its gallery and will also have a faculty exhibition on display. The gallery’s two previous artists in residence will also have work on display to show what they have been working on during the last six months.
• Find CASA of Howard County on the east lawn of the Howard County Courthouse with the Prevent Child Abuse organization. Together they’ll have sidewalk chalk drawings, pin wheels for children to plant and other children’s activities.
• At Shenandoahs Art with a Heart, 106 W. Mulberry St., kids can use silly tools to create a simple dandelion art while parents shop at Belle Boutique.
• Make a paper airplane and enter the flying contest to win prizes, enjoy free popcorn and meet the Kokomo Herald crew at the Kokomo Perspective/Kokomo Herald.
• Redeemer Lutheran School will have games for all children to play and prizes for everyone who participates. They will also have information about their school and school choice vouchers.
• First Evangelical Presbyterian Church will have a bake sale to support its youth group’s summer missions trip, an amateur card magician and a juggler.
• Stop in at The Hub and jam out with DJ LA and Vegas. There will also be fun balloon creations and you can sign up for a fun Jackrabbits package.
For more information, find First Friday on Facebook by clicking here.